Are you rushing around, trying to get everything done before the holidays next week? Let these engineering jokes take the edge off. We’ve assembled a list of the punniest puns we could find with engineering professionals in mind.* Enjoy!
1) Q: Why did the Higgs Boson go to church?
A: For the mass
2) Power naps are great. You can build up charge with them.
3) Customer: Do you have any two-watt, 4-volt bulbs?
Sales Rep: For what?
Customer: No, two.
Sales Rep: Two what?
Sales Rep: No.
4) Did you hear about the company that sells elastomeric insulators? Their motto is ‘Resistance is butyl.
5) After suffering weak gain at the poles, the National Transistor Party has been trying to energize their base.
6) Two engineering students bumped into each other at school and one noticed the other’s new bike. He asked, “Where did you get such a wonderful bike?” The other student replied that a blonde rode up to him, threw her bike on the ground, took off all her clothes, threw them on the ground and said, “Take whatever you’d like to have.” The first student says, “Good call, I’ll bet her clothes wouldn’t have fit either of us.”
7) New engineer: “How do you estimate how long a project will take?”
Seasoned engineer: “I add up the time required for each task, then multiply the sum by pi.”
New engineer: “Why pi?”
Seasoned engineer: “It ensures that all my budgets are irrational.”
8) Two antennas got married – the wedding was lousy, but the reception was outstanding.
9) Two atoms are walking down the street, and one says to the other, “Wait, wait, we have to go back. I’ve lost an electron somewhere.”
The second atom says, “Really? Are you sure?”
To which the first atom replies, “Yes. I’m positive.”
10) Q: What to give your favorite electrical engineer for his birthday?
11) Knock knock. Who’s there? Interrupting coefficient of friction. Interrupting coefficient of fri…. mmmuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu (μ)
12) Q: What did the electrical engineer say when he got shocked?
A: That hertz.
13) An engineer was crossing a road one day, when a frog called out to him and said, “If you kiss me, I’ll turn into a beautiful princess.” He bent over, picked up the frog and put it in his pocket. The frog then cried out, “If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I’ll stay with you for one week and do ANYTHING you want.” Again, the engineer took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket. Finally, the frog asked, “What is the matter? I’ve told you I’m a beautiful princess and that I’ll stay with you for one week and do anything you want. Why won’t you kiss me?” The engineer said, “Look, I’m an engineer. I don’t have time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog, now that’s cool.”
14) Q: Why did the electron throw up?
A: He was spinning.
15) A pessimist looks at a glass of water and states it is half empty, an optimist looks at the same glass and states it is half full, but an engineer sees it and states the glass is twice as tall as it should be.
16) Q: What’s the difference between an introverted and an extroverted engineer?
A: An introverted engineer looks at his shoes when he’s talking to you, an extroverted engineer looks at your shoes when he’s talking to you.
17) Looking for a boyfriend in engineering: the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
18) Q: What did the structural engineer say to the architect?
A: Nice buttress.
19) Why did the engineering students leave class early? They were getting a little ANSI.
20) Q: Why was the thermometer smarter than the graduated cylinder?
A: He had more degrees.
*All jokes borrowed from the internet and reproduced in good fun!
Which joke was your favorite? Do you know any other good ones? Tell us in the comments section below!
Download our free guide to plastic manufacturing.